18 octubre, 2011

Stars: "Your Ex-Lover is Dead"




"When theres nothing left to bun, You have to set yourself on fire" 

God that was strange to see you again 
Introduced by a friend of a friend 
Smiled and said 'yes 
I think we've met before'
In that instant it started to pour, 
Captured a taxi despite all the rain 
We drove in silence across Pont Champlain 
And all of the time you thought I was sad 
I was trying to remember your name... 

This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin 
Tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in 
Now you're outside me You see all the beauty 
Repent all your sin
It's nothing but time and a face that you lose

I chose to feel it and you couldn't choose 
I'll write you a postcard I'll send you the news 
From a house down the road from real love... 

 Live through this, and you won't look back... 

Live through this, and you won't look back...
Live through this, and you won't look back... 
There's one thing I want to say, so I'll be brave
You were what I wanted I gave what I gave 

I'm not sorry I met you I'm not sorry it's over 
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save 
 I'm not sorry there's nothing to save...

Esta canción de la banda canadiense de indie pop "Stars", dice aquellas cosas que seguramente todos han pensado al momento de visualizar el futuro acerca de un examor. 

¿Qué ocurrirá al momento de verla?, Será que la saludo, paso de largo como sino la conociera o estará ella con su nuevo romance al que le habla todos los días y le devolvió el amor. Esas son preguntas difíciles de contestar y a veces, su respuesta será complicada al momento que ocurra la situación.

Por eso creo que algunos prefieren aplicar la línea inicial de la canción "Cuando no queda más nada que quemar, es mejor encenderse a uno mismo en fuego" o sino, borrar todo de una manera natural, esperando que alguien te llame un día y te diga: ¡Hey, your ex-lover is dead!.